Note: The languages, currency option shows on Header Top bar, so if you don’t enable the Top Bar in Theme Settings > Header the language and currency will not show.
1.1. General settings
- How to add languages ?
You need to go to Settings > Languages > click Add Language > Choose a language from the drop-down menu, then click Add
- Install translate app
You need to install a translations app that’s compatible with selling in multiple languages. You can visit the Shopify App Store. We recommend you can use Translation Lab app It’s a free application. Or you can use the other apps. You can contact the support team of the app that you installed to integrate it with our theme.
- Publish language
Go to Settings > Languages > in the Translated languages, click to Publish button to set the selected language as published.
Note: You can check this guide to understand the multiple languages on Shopify.
1.2. Setting the language for the theme
- Show language selector
- Language position fixed Center: This option allows you to show the language in a fixed position even when the customer scrolls up or down. There are 3 types: Disable, Desktop + Mobile, Only Desktop. You can check out this video below to understand more.
2. Currency Config
- Follow by Multiple Currencies by Shopify
- Follow by Multiple Currencies by The4. For this source, When the clients use currency conversion, it is only applied to the pages in the theme. However, on the Checkout page, the currency will revert to the default currency that is set in Settings > General > Store Currency.
You can learn how to configure by reading this guide.
- Enable Currency conversion
- Enable Customer Geolocation
- Show country Flag?: When you enable this option, it’ll show the country flag of the currency.
- Flag size: There are 2 types: Small, Medium
- Currency position fixed Center: This option allows you to show the currency in a fixed position even when the customer scrolls up or down. There are 3 types: Disable, Desktop + Mobile, Only Desktop. You can check out this video below to understand more.
After configuring the currency as this guide, you can select the Source that you want to use on the theme.
4. Price Configuration
4.1. Price Format
- Without currency format
- With currency format
5. Extra Features
- Checkout Currency Notification?: This notification only show when customer convert currency. It will appear on the cart page, shopping cart widget. It is meant to inform your customers that Shopify only allows them to Checkout in your shop’s default currency.
- Currency Notification Text: You can write the notification text here to let customers understand more about the currency in your store. You can see this video below to understand more about it.
- Round converted amounts?: When you enable this option, it will round the price of the product. This only works when you convert the currency.
Example: If the price of the original product is $19.99. When you use convert currency to EUR, it’ll be rounded up to €18.00
- If your customer hovers over the converted prices he will still be able to compare see the price in your shop’s main currency.