There are some options to configure for your Collection page to make it looks more beautiful. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme settings > Collection Page.
1. Shop Sidebar
To visualize what part the Sidebar is on the collection page, please see the below image.
Shop sidebar: You can choose where the sidebar will show on the collection page.
Sidebar size: You can set different sizes for your sidebar, it is width.
Use hidden sidebar: If you tick to this option, sidebar will be hidden, instead there is a Sidebar icon in the right corner that allows you to click to open the sidebar.
Space top sidebar: This option only work for Sidebar left or right. It used to set the top space of sidebar.
2. Shop Settings
- Show list switch: A List layout will show if you tick this option.
- Enable sorting: This option will enable the sorting options on your page.
- Enable toolbar sticky on mobile: The sticky toolbar will show up right below the header when scrolling down. It is on mobile only.
3. Filters Settings
You can enable or disable the shop filters widget’s area above the products.
Popup filters style: If you select the “Default” style, the filter will display right below when you click to open. If you select “Popup” style, the filter will display at the left side as a popup.
Filters type: There are two types for the filter that you can choose.
- Filter by product options: If you choose this type, it will allow your customers to filter collections and search results by product availability, price, color, and more.Go to Online store > Navigation to add more options to filter. For example, I created some options called Availability, Price, Color, Product type like this:
- Enter filter label: You should only use this option for Color. After creating product options in Navigation, just enter option names to this option to make the filters show as “color style” (it is color circle style).
- Filter by tags: This type will filter products by tag.After selecting filter type, go back to Collection page to add tags.
Notice: In versions greater than 3.0.0 you will not be able to use both filters at the same time like the old versions.