1. Enable Age verification popup
If you sell products such as wine, cigarettes, or dangerous goods, then you might want to discourage visitors under a certain age from browsing your website. This section will be used to verify suitable customers’ age for the store. To enable Age verification Popup, from Sidebar > Theme settings > General settings > Shop section settings > Enable Age verification Popup.
From Sidebar > Age verification popup.
- Changing the age limit: The default age limit is 18. You can choose to limit customers’ age when visiting your store.
- Use enter date of birth: Choose a specific date of birth that suits your store. If you enable it, scroll down to change the texts on Texts options.
- Heading, Content, Button text verify allowed, Button text verify forbidden: You can change the texts for these options.
- Text forbidden 1, Text forbidden 2: If the customer clicks on “I AM UNDER 18”, it will appear a forbidden letter to inform your customer that he or she is unable to access your store.
- Day next show (n): If the user verifies, the next show will be after ‘n’ days. By setting n days (e.g. 30 days), the popup will appear again 30 days after it is turned off.
2.2. Texts options
There are many texts you can adjust such as Text Month, Text January, Text February, etc. It is used for Enter date of birth.
2.3 Design options
- Background image: If you don’t want to use the basic color, you can add your background image here.
- Background color, Background color “Button verify allowed”, Background color “Button verify allowed hover”: The color can be adjusted to look good in your store.
- Background overlay: This option allows you to adjust the background overlay to your preferred appearance.
2.4 Theme settings
At the bottom of the Age verification popup sidebar, there is a Theme settings (child) that allows you to enable/disable this section.